A slightly sweet, nutritious side. Works well with chicken or beef.
Preparation: 5 min | Cooking: 5 min | Serves: 4
- 10-12 Spears Asparagus, trimmed and halved (stalk/spear)
- 20 ml Mirin
- 1 tsp Gluten-free soy sauce
- Pour the mirin and soy sauce into a medium sized fry-pan.
- When the liquid starts to bubble, place the stalks of the asparagus in the pan and fry evenly for 2 minutes.
- Add the spears of the asparagus and continue to fry evenly for another 2-3 minutes, or until the inside of the stalks change colour.
- Serve immediately.
This side doesn’t reheat very well, so be sure to throw it all together shortly before you serve the meal.