A tasty, sweet snack that is perfect with hot drinks.
Preparation: 10 min | Cooking: 20 min | Makes: 24 bites
- 1/2 Cup Chick pea flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut flour (preferably stone ground)
- 1 tbsp Unflavoured rice protein (optional)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Raw sugar
- 75 g Salted butter
- 50 ml Skim milk
- 30 ml Water
- 2 tbsp Ground or finely chopped macadamias
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan forced)
- Line a cookie tray (or cheat like I do with a mini-muffin tray) with greaseproof paper / olive oil spray
- Place the flours and rice protein in a bowl. Mix gently with a whisk until evenly blended.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and add the sugar. Mix well.
- Put the sugar/butter mix, eggs, and the skim milk in with the flours and blend until smooth.
- The consistency should be like soft-serve ice cream at this point. If it’s still a bit gunky, add a small amount of water and blend again.
- Spoon the batter onto your chosen tray – I find a flat dessert spoons’ worth is a good amount.
- Once you have the batter laid out on the tray, sprinkle the macadamia nuts over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes* or until the edges are golden.
*Ovens vary and this affects the cooking time. Push a skewer into the middle of a bite to test if it’s cooked. If it comes out clean it’s ready.