A delicious gluten-free meal for the family.
Preparation: 20 min | Cooking: 30 min | Serves: 4
500g Boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup All-purpose gluten free flour
50g Salted butter
1 cup Sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup Chicken stock
1 tsp Italian herbs
1/3 cup Shredded light mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup Grated or powdered parmesan cheese
80g Fetta cheese, loosely broken
1/4 cup Sliced spring onions
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan forced)
- Cut the chicken into 2 cm thick pieces.
- Put the flour into a bowl. Roll each chicken piece in the flour, making sure that it is all covered.
- In a large skillet on high heat, brown the coated chicken in the butter. When done, transfer the chicken to a greased baking dish, keeping the liquid butter/juices/flour in the skillet.
- Place the mushrooms in the skillet and saute until tender.
- Add the Italian herbs and chicken stock to the skillet. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. When done, pour over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken uncovered in the oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses and onions, mixing together.
- When the chicken is ready from step 7, sprinkle the cheesy onion mix on top and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheeses have melted.