A nutritious gluten-free meal with a light taste.
Preparation: 15 min | Cooking: 15 min | Serves: 4
3 Salmon fillets, skinless (roughly 300 g)
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper
1 tbsp Olive oil
225g Gluten free fettuccine
1 Minced shallot
400g Asparagus, trimmed and halved
1/2 cup Vegetable stock
2 cups Fresh or frozen peas (thawed)
1/2 cup Sour cream
1/4 cup Sliced spring onions
1 tbsp Chopped fresh mint
2 tbsp Chopped fresh dill
- Season the salmon with 1/4 teaspoon of both salt and pepper, then lightly brush each fillet with a small amount of olive oil.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat, and sear both sides. Reduce heat and fry until nearly cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Cook the fettuccine, drain, return to pot and cover. Keep it warm.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining olive oil and sauté the minced shallot and asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the vegetable stock to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas, cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream, spring onions, mint, dill, and remaining salt & pepper. Bring back to simmering point.
- Combine the pasta and cooked sauce in a large bowl; toss. Flake the salmon into large chunks and gently stir into the mix.
Giving credit where it’s earned: This recipe is a variant of this one.